Sunday, August 7, 2011

I still remember...


“And I remember it all. I remember what shirts you wore, I remember the first text you sent to me. I remember your laughter, your smell, I remember the exact day of our first kiss. I remember every feeling I felt, I remember all the hopes I had, I remember everything I gave up. I remember how my life changed, I remember the things you said, I remember the first time you whispered those three words. I remember your shy smile, the way you played with my hair, the way you held me so tight I couldn’t breathe but I loved it more than anything else. I remember our first kiss, I remember the way your face looked so close to mine, I remember the way my fingers fit so perfectly into yours. I remember everything about you; your perfect hair and your gorgeous face and the way you could never do anything wrong. But I also remember the last day, the last kiss, the last text. I remember all the tears I cried, I remember feeling worthless, I remember waiting by my phone for a text that never came. I remember the lack of explanation, I remember being shoved away like I never meant anything to you at all. I remember feeling used and broken and like nobody understood, especially not you. I remember wondering how you could know everything about me, how I could give you every single piece of me and still not be enough for you. I remember each thing that made me smile, and each thing that made me cry. I remember thinking about you, dreaming about you, and wishing for you. I remember believing with all my heart that it would happen, expecting forever, and having my forever cut short. I remember drifting away from you, and drifting back to this relationship we like to call a friendship. But you and me, we can never be friends. There’s always been something more in the way we look at each other, and you know it. So here I am, looking at you, feeling all the emotions I’ve always felt when I look at you. I know we can never have back what we had before, but maybe we can start something new. I love you. And I remember. Tell me you remember, too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment